Corporate Governance Services
The dynamic and rapidly changing nature of today’s business environment has created increased pressure on everyone serving on a board. Whether it be a company, a Not for Profit or a Registered Organisation, the board members are expected to be more involved than ever in the governance of their organisations. The heightened scrutiny from the public and the regulators combined with the increased expectations from the stakeholders mean that the members of the board are now constantly under pressure to deliver.
The Board and its members have a lot to do. Managing risk, developing the necessary internal control frameworks, keeping a close eye on the performance of the Executive Management and of course ensuring that the organisation is on track to achieving its goals, fulfilling its mission and is on the way to achieving its vision.
Good governance requires the board to provide leadership in not only setting the strategic goals and objectives of the organisation but in ensuring that the goals are in fact achieved and compliance maintained. In recent times, there is also a growing expectation for the boards to be more actively involved in shaping the culture of the organisation.
If an organisation repeatedly fails to achieve its goals, or falls short in meeting its compliance obligations, not only do the executive and the management come under pressure but the board too faces close scrutiny.
Corporations Law requirements create a significant risk and exposure for all company directors and they must take the necessary actions to manage these risks at the individual as well as the corporate level through better governance frameworks and actions.
If you are a part of a board:
- Does the Board have the right committees in place?
- Does your board have sufficient skills, experience and qualifications to understand and address the issues being faced by the organisation?
- Are you receiving the information you require to make informed decisions?
- Are you taking a proactive role in the strategic planning process?
- Are you providing guidance and direction to the management on the key strategic goals and objectives?
- Have you developed a performance monitoring framework to measure the progress against the plans?
- Do you have the right internal control systems in place?
- Is your Internal Audit function effective?
- Do you have a comprehensive and well-developed system for assessing the performance of the executive management team including the CEO?
- Are you across the burning issues that boards around Australia are grappling with?
- Is your organisation effectively managing risk?
Our Consulting team can help you to more effectively discharge your responsibilities as a director and as a Board. Our services are aimed at helping you successfully navigate your way around the compliance requirements, and manage risks whilst simultaneously creating value for your organisation.
Our personalised service and client focus ensure that the proposed solutions and advice are tailored to your organisation.
Our services aim to maximise the effectiveness of the corporate governance system that will lead to a better-managed and governed enterprise that delivers value to all of the stakeholders.
Our services adopt a practical approach and focus on genuine enhancements in how the Board conducts its affairs.
1. Review of your Governance Framework
- Corporate Governance structure assessment and advice
- Board Effectiveness Reviews
- Strategic Planning sessions for the Board
- Coaching/Mentoring/Training sessions for the Board
- Performance assessment for CEO and senior management
2. Information for the Board
- Assessing the quality of the Board pack
- Performance Management System and Dashboard
- Analysis and deciphering of financial information
3. Management of Risk
- Review and analysis of enterprise risk management plans
- Review of systems of Internal Control
- Assessment of Internal Audit function
4. Organisational Culture
- Establishing/reviewing/analysing corporate values
- Analysing the culture of the organisation
- Developing the road map for cultural improvement with the management