I am Amer Q. I am an Entrepreneurship, Small Business, Finance and Leadership Expert.
It’s my aim in life to Educate, Motivate and Inspire people and to add value to Organizations whenever and wherever possible. The keen desire to make to a difference to people’s lives and to organizations has led me to where I am as a professional today.
My website has been developed with this goal in mind. Here you will find a great deal of useful information, resources and tools.
Running your own business is not a job, it’s a vocation and a way of life! Once you start, you have no option but to succeed.
Whether you are running a one person business or employing thousands of people, you need to surround yourself with people who can add real value and guide you along the way.
I hope to continue to help people like you realize your potential for a long time to come! Please explore the site and feel free to contact me to share your ideas and thoughts.
Wishing you success in your business and in your life.
[templatic_contentbox type=”normal” title=”My Story – The Early Years”]
From a very young age I had a desire to be a doctor so I could help people, treat them and make them better. I was on track to realize my dream, when my family decided to migrate to Australia from our native, Pakistan. All of sudden things changed dramatically.
I can still recall my first year in Australia after having arrived from Pakistan with my family as a teenager. The fact that we came from a comfortable lifestyle in Pakistan and that I was among the better students in my school did not prepare me in any way for the difficulties I was to face in my first year of schooling in our new country. After a really difficult time in year 10, where I struggled to come to grips with the new system, the laid-back approach of the teachers, and the inability of some of my fellow students to understand cultural, religious and personal differences, I received the worst report of my life in some subjects. The fact is; no-one really cared what happened to me.
Facing years 11 and 12, I was doomed for the scrap heap after this first traumatic year, at least in the opinion of my year 10 teachers and fellow students, they simply saw me as another of those migrant kids who should be grateful for the chance to be in this wonderful country. Get a job in a supermarket stacking shelves and collecting trolleys and be glad that you are out of a third world country – welcome to Australia, the land of opportunity. I knew within myself that I was capable of doing a lot better and needed to pick myself up. Perhaps this was the best thing that could have happened to me. It made me more determined and committed to succeed. Thank fully I was able to get myself back on track and go on to become a chartered accountant.
After some years working in the big firms, I decided to establish my own firm and specialize in small to medium-sized businesses. I haven’t looked back since!
I believe that in life you will suffer many setbacks, difficulties, rejections and disappointments. If you treat these as learning opportunities and pick yourself up and go on, you will be more successful than you can imagine. Don’t let these things get you down, for every night is followed by daylight. Remember your life is in your own hands, only you can make things happen for you. Its success or failure will often be the result of your efforts; so say “No” to failure and celebrate success today.
I have spent many years working with small businesses and had a lot of fun along the way. The feeling of helping people achieve their goals and potential is an amazing one! This is what makes it all worthwhile.
A Brief Profile
- I am an Entrepreneurship, SME, Finance and Leadership expert and have authored several books in these areas.
- A chartered accountant by profession, I have worked with Entrepreneurs, Business Owners and Board over many years and in many Countries.
- Over my career, I have built my own Accounting, Consulting and Training firms and also helped many people to succeed in their businesses through proactive advice and assistance.
- My strong financial background combined with knowledge of Strategy and Execution helps organizations to achieve their goals and objectives.
- I am the founder of My Biz Pakistan.com an enterprise platform established to help young people start a real business in my native homeland.
- I have worked with businesses of all shapes and sizes in numerous sectors and in many countries.
Key skills and attributes
- Highly developed leadership skills and expertise
- Strategic Financial Management expertise
- Exceptional Communication and Presentation Skills
- Results and Delivery oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Experienced in all key aspects of Business Management
- Established track record of achievement internationally
- Merger and Acquisitions expertise
- New venture establishment specialist